Currently we are accepting applications for our PUBLIC HOUSING
Authority Apartments (located in Barnesville and Jackson GA) Public Housing Program
Listed below are the general steps an applicant goes through to obtain housing from a local public housing agency. The process is generally the same through each housing authority. Some procedures might be different from authority to authority.
1. Applications are taken during regular working hours at the general office of the Public Housing Authority, Monday through Friday, unless otherwise noted by the Authority.
2. To apply applicants must:
• Be 18 years of age or older
You will need to provide what is listed on the check off list with the application packet.
3. Eligibility may be determined by:
• Criminal background check
• Present and previous landlord references/history
• Credit history
• Verification of Income
4. Rent is based on Adjusted Income or flat rent.
5. Allowances are considered for:
• Full time students over the age of 18
• Child care expense when applicable
• Ongoing medical expenses for Disabled/Handicapped/Elderly that are paid out of pocket
6. There is normally a 4 to 6 week waiting period for verifications to be returned to the Housing Authority office.
7. The applicant family is made eligible or ineligible according to policy and the family is notified.
8. If eligible, the family is added to waiting list.
9. Security deposits and pro-rata rent are due upon move in.
10. Utility service must be acquired by the resident in their name prior to obtaining the key to their new apartment home.
Click the 'Print Packet' button below to print the Application Packet.